I earned my degree from Brigham Young University in Utah. This is my 34th year in the district. I started teaching Science when we had a Junior High school in 1986, I worked there for over 2 years. I transferred to Perris High School and taught, Life Science, Biology, and Health. I was the Club Advisor for Key Club for 25 years. I was the Co-advisor for Friday Night Live for 5 years and and was the teacher for ASB for 1 year. I later transferred to the Academy for 1 year and taught Independent study and continued teaching it at Scholar + for 3 more years.
Back to School Video
PERRIS LAKE HIGH SCHOOL
VIRTUAL LIFE SCIENCE SYLLABUS
Email address: Lonnie.email@example.com
Google Sheet Attendance Form
Google Meet Link
Perris Lake Bell Schedule
deals with the study of all types of living organisms, such as microorganisms, plants, animals, and humans. The field focuses on their organization and life processes. Life Science A begins with the basic unit of life—the cell. You’ll discover how cells build up tissues, organs, and systems. You will study the growth and development processes of different organisms and see how genes are responsible for the traits of organisms. You’ll also explore natural selection and artificial selection and their effects on the genetic traits of organisms.
- Arrive to class on time on synchronous days.
- Check in DAILY using IC and the Google Form posted on Canvas.
- Complete all tasks and assignments within the allotted time.
- Do not disrupt class. Allow the teacher to teach and the students to learn.
- No cell phones will be allowed during face to face class time unless expressly authorized by your teacher.
- Students are expected to follow parental guidelines regarding physical activity participation inside and outside the home. Students are expected to use safe practice while participating in any activity. Teachers will be available during class time daily to answer any questions and to advise students.
- Do what is asked of you the first time.
- Take pride in what you do. Do your best everyday!
- Do not use profanity. Act like young ladies and gentlemen.
- Be respectful to everyone. Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Do not make rude or inappropriate comments.
- Think safety. Act carefully.
- Use equipment appropriately at all times
Final Exam 20%
For each grading period, the total number of possible points will be put on a percentage scale to determine the letter grade.
B = 89%-80%
C = 79%-70%
D = 69%-60%
F = 59%- 0%